X100 + B&W 10 Stop Filter

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 + B&W 10 Stop Filter
In reply to Nastavnik, Feb 21, 2013

Nastavnik wrote:

Thanks nixda for all the things you pointed out.

I was reading the thread just out of cutiosity and your remarks made mre think about the troe I had while using my 10 stop ND filter.

Supposing that it is not related to a fake bw filter, but rather due to some IR contamination, do you think if I stack anothe filter on top (or before for that matter) of the ND filter, I mean a UV-IR cut filter, maybe that would help? (I use one of those with my full spectrum camera, when I want to take "normal" photos).

Tiffen makes ND filters with IR cut-off filters built in, but they are expensive. IR cut-off filters, generally, are expensive. I have contemplated using an IR cut-off filter with my B+W 110, but since I have the 103 and 106 I am worried that there is something wrong with my 110. There probably shouldn't be such a bad color cast in the first place.

I've had the color cast issue, and had trouble removing it (then again, I wasn't very photoshop litterate at the time).

Usually, a combination of WB and color tint adjustments works well but not quite 100%, I have to agree. The result is still very pleasing in most cases.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow