Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,234Gear list
Like?
Re: How to get prints that are like what you see on screen
In reply to GreenMountainGirl, Feb 21, 2013

GreenMountainGirl wrote:

Chris R-UK wrote:

That is probably your problem right there - using cheap paper from Staples. Canon make photo paper for their printers so get some of that and see how it works.

I have been looking at the Canon website researching dedicated photo printers, and also checked out their papers. Prices seem reasonable as long as stay away from specialty stuff. I can always use the cheap paper for trial runs, etc. I can print on both sides, which is also a savings. But I agree - better paper just might made a noticeable difference.

With photo printing paper you get what you pay for.  Cheap paper will give you very poor results with poor colours.  Better paper will make a very big difference and the best paper will give the best results.

If you don't want to pay for Canon's top of the range paper (Photo Paper Pro?) at least buy the next down.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow