XZ-2 -- will it fit in your shirt pocket?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nick Carrigan
Regular MemberPosts: 261Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-2 -- will it fit in your shirt pocket?
In reply to jon404, Feb 21, 2013

jon404 wrote:

The image quality apparently is fantastic, if Dpreview's JPG comparison is an accurate test. Shockingly better than MANY larger, more expensive cameras. Check it out.

-- hide signature --

Jonathon Donahue -- Olympus XZ-1 tips at http://jon404.com

Jon, I purchased a XZ-2 (it arrives later today) and I noticed this as well. The XZ-2 has really nice JPG output compared to other cameras. For its size, it's quite impressive. Even if you compare it to a Canon 5DMk3 or the 6D or other major DSLR -- the XZ-2 is pretty darn impressive.

I'm not sure if you can correct it, but it looks like Olympus went with a slightly cooler color output than the XZ-1 or EPL-1. Perhaps it was more of white balance change. I wish they could have kept the warmth but with the same brightness levels.

I would prefer to not have an articulating screen (to save space) -- and I could do without a touchscreen on a camera. (Sorry just old fashioned that way!)

I love the size of the XZ-1 -- but if the IQ is as good as the test results then the XZ-2 will be worth it.

I'll post a few samples tomorrow on the forum.

I have to admit though, if the XZ-10 is close to the XZ-2 in terms of IQ, then it might be a really fun pocket camera.

Nick Carrigan's gear list:Nick Carrigan's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow