Error 30 problem on 5d Mark ii

Started Dec 19, 2008 | Discussions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,800
Like?
Re: Another Error 30 on Canon EOS 5D Mark II
In reply to refkex, Feb 21, 2013

refkex wrote:

Hello, sorry to renew the thread. However, I've just also bought my first DSLR, albeit a second hand 5D Mark II with no warranty but low shutter count (<20000, confirmed with EOSCount). When I picked it up from its owner and tested with the owner's lens, it was working perfectly. For me, to save cost, I decided to purchase a used manual FD lens and mount an adapter on the EOS. Now then, whenever I've tried to take pictures, error 30 keep popping up and when I examine the picture on the LCD screen, a very bad quality, low contrast, black and white picture appear. In other words, even though shooting is not possible, my camera still managed to capture the picture and saved it in the compact flash card? Note that I've tried taking pictures without the lens before and error 30 also appeared so I'm not sure if this is a lens or shutter problem. Therefore, I hope that you can advise me on what to do to fix it without sending it to Canon repair centre because I cannot afford it right now.Thank you so much.

"Used manual FD lens".  That says it all.  Go buy a EF50 1.8 if you can't afford any thing else.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow