Upgrading to 24-70 II ?

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Marek07
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrading to 24-70 II ?
In reply to Alekhine, Feb 21, 2013

I have had my 5D mk3 and 24-70 ll Combo for about 5 months now, I actually paid a little more for the lens as prices have come down since then. I absolutely love using this lens and have to say with its exceptional focusing it produces some of the sharpest images I have ever had on a zoom. My 50mm 1.2 actually has gathered dust for the first time! I think it's a versatile lens, especially if your travelling but is just as happy in a professional environment. It has no IS I think mainly for weight but this hasn't been an issue for me.
I also found downloading the lens data to the camera and using lens abbreviation on the 5D very helpful.
I would go to a store with a flash card and try the different options for yourself, I did this initially but with the Nikon d800e + 24-70 and canon 5d mk3 + 24-70 ll and I haven't looked back!
If you want a lens that will cover most options definitely go for this!
Hope this helps...

Marek07's gear list:Marek07's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow