Nikon D7100 - the end of high-end DX?

Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
SMPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 986
Like?
Re: Nikon D7100 - the end of high-end DX?
In reply to Bajerunner, Feb 21, 2013

Bajerunner wrote:

cwsiggy wrote:

I'm looking to get my first DSLR and was just about to pull trigger on 5200. This one should do me nicely! Nikon Rumors thinks it will be $1200 - I'd be shocked if they price it that low...

Definitely better than d5200 for not much more money, with no low pass filter!!!

Resolution king!! Higher pixel density than D800 with no low pass!

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.” I am only a hoobyist, I cannot and do not give expert advice, dont expect it, just take it as a suggestion to think about, but only if you wish to. We should try to not wait for life to happen, while it passes us by.

Higher pixel density is a good thing? I asked my lenses and they disagreed...

The lack of low pass however will definitely boost resolved detail, but it's interesting to see how it plays out. The D800E is a different proposition since an otherwise identical camera is offered with the OLPF, it can be assumed that anyone purchasing it is an advanced photographer that understands the risk/tradeoff. They certainly are making the statement that fashion, weddings, etc. are solely in the FX domain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow