Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert J. Gonzalez
Senior MemberPosts: 1,173Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 4 vs everything else
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Feb 21, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

Robert J. Gonzalez wrote:

I need to know if there's anything else out there that can handle more than one export at a time.

I am not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if there is software that will export multiple files at the same time? Or multiple folders at the same time? And are you asking if it will actually process them at the same time? Or, by multi-tasking, make it look like they are being processed simultaneously? Or set them up for batch processing at the same time?

If you have a single core chip no software can actually do more than one thing at a time. It can do "some" of task A, then "some" of task B and so on, but only one operation is occuring at any one time.

If you have a multi-core chip, then some software can task chores to specific cores and they can be done simultaneously. If you are taking about multiple file processing, then Dxo can and does do that utilizing as many cores as you have configured (or are available) at the same time. I don't know if LR4 actually does simultaneous multi-core processing of multiple folders. It may only allow for sequential processing.

If you could clarify your question it might help.

I just want to know if there's another program that can process more than one set of raw files at a time, each with it's own destination.

Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list:Robert J. Gonzalez's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow