*********Challenge 162- The Moon in the Landscape ***********

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob in Baltimore
Regular MemberPosts: 429Gear list
Like?
Re: Blue moon and Peiterkofel
In reply to VittoDigital, Feb 21, 2013

Hi Vitto.

Well, it is a great picture! Does it meet the requirements? The idea is that it should be what you could see if you were there. A few seconds (maybe even a minute) is reasonable in that such motion is imperceptible to the eye, the lighting conditions themselves have not changed significantly, and it takes some time for the camera to accomplish what the eye can do almost instantaneously ... adapt to the enormous dynamic range of the scene. This stretches the conditions too far.

So, it doesn't make it. Sorry. Thank you for calling out the conditions.

Part of a good technical and artistic challenge is to deal with the restrictions. That is what helps is grow as artists and technicians. Wonderful pictures can be made with different rules, including moving the Moon to a place where it was not, but would have looked great if it had been. But, that is not this particular challenge.

Bob

VittoDigital wrote:

Not sure it meets the rules as in the original pic the moon was out the upper side of the frame and I've moved it down just over the mountain. Please let me know.

Cheers

Vitto

-- hide signature --

Lol, I need an upgrade, my Nikon D6x is a too limited gear!

-- hide signature --

Bob in Baltimore

Bob in Baltimore's gear list:Bob in Baltimore's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow