How to get prints that are like what you see on screen

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
GreenMountainGirl
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: How to get prints that are like what you see on screen
In reply to lehill, Feb 21, 2013

lehill wrote:

The Spyder is really the way to go. You can move it from monitor to monitor and calibrate all of them. My monitor is factory calibrated (LG IPS225) and cost ~$200. That's about the cheapest I found.

Now, they might chase me out of here for suggesting this...but if these costs are too dear and you run Windows 7, you can use the built-in color calibration tool. Even Microsoft says you're better off using a color calibrator like the Spyder but doing a visual calibration is better than nothing.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

How do you figure out if a monitor is factory calibrated - or are all of them?  Nevertheless, I think the Spyder sounds like a good investment.

Yes, I run Windows 7, and I decided yesterday to try and find the color calibration tool.  Finally found it and made some adjustments.  It seems a bit better, but I realize that it will only do just so much.  Eventually I will want a better monitor to go with a better printer!  I have a "wish list" that keeps growing...  but, what the heck, I'm having fun.

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow