Started Feb 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Steve West
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,280
Like?
replace my epson r1800 with what?
Feb 21, 2013

I have used my epson r1800 for many years now. I feel it's time to replace it as the blue head has clogs or malfunctioning patches (yes I have tried all the cleaning methods on the internet). The printer has always exhibited a falloff for shadows requiring lots of fill light correction prior to printing. I do fight with occasional clogging, and it seems I waste a fair amount of ink keeping all the heads cleaned (until the recent problem with blue head which appears permanent).

I don't do high volume printing. I print about 5-8 13x19 prints each month. I used to use the roll feeder for panos, but now I can buy pre-cut 13" pano paper that is long enough for my needs.

My favorite paper is RR polar satin and I use the RR profiles and let LR do the color management.

I need a new printer that allows printing 13" pano paper (up to 36" or a bit longer).

The r3000 looks very nice, but appears to be aimed at larger volume printing. The r2880 seems to be a dated printer.

I've read reviews of various printers, but nothing really stands out for a clear choice.

I suspect a Canon printer would be good, but I have no experience with them.

I would appreciate some advice.  I'll keep reading down into this forum to gain more insight.

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow