Dpreview RX1 review is up

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
Re: Dpreview RX1 review is up
In reply to Mrhelichopper, Feb 21, 2013

Mrhelichopper wrote:

For sure, the AF is the weak point in the package but after using the Nex 6, Nex 5 and Canon 7D, 40D extensively plus a bunch of other models sporadically I would say it is really not that bad at all. Of course it could be faster and I would like it to be so but it is really not so bad.

As for just about every other area then in my opinion the RX-1 is just fantastic and has re-ignited my love of photography. I find the stunning image quality, pocketability and ease of customisation just so enjoyable. For me, and of course everyone is very different, I think it easily earns the gold award and more.

Everyones needs and indeed opinions are different but in my view it is a fantastic piece of equipment bettered by nothing it delivers outstanding images in a package I can and do take everywhere. Personally I would not swap the RX-1 for any other camera.

My exact feelings, well said. I find the AF just fine, if they make it better with firmware, fine, if not I am still fine.I took over 1500 pictures with the RX1 down south last week and I was not disappointed.I am still getting used to the unit, trying it in all situations and all of its functions, but I am more then happy with it, actually ecstatic with it. Could care less about the video on it. When the next better one comes available I will be one of the first to get it also.     WC

-- hide signature --

It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow