First Week Shooting with E-PL5

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
petersolymosi
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
Re: First Week Shooting with E-PL5
In reply to ohwellOK, Feb 21, 2013

ohwellOK wrote:

Great portraits and lighting! The little 14-42 IIR kit lens is better than alot of people give it credit for and only $50 more than cost of just the EPL5 body, makes for a really small setup. Your results with the 45/1.8 should be stunning!!!

petersolymosi wrote:

ramitche wrote:

btw, what are you using for B&W in PP? (or are these B&W jpgs OOC?)

Thanks for the kind words. The 45/1.8 is probably the next lens I will get but it won't be for a little while yet. All these photos were shot raw and then converted to B&W in Lightroom - which is also new to me but after years of using Photoshop has been pretty easy to learn.

The thing I love about this new camera is the portability. I just can't get over the amazing functionality in such a small package!

I'm excited about the potential results from the 45/1.8 but want to see how far I can get with the kit lens. I'm hoping to get out to do some landscape shooting in the coming weeks and hopefully some street shooting. Stay tuned!

petersolymosi's gear list:petersolymosi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow