Question for XPro1 and XE-1 users

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
nawknai
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
Re: Question for XPro1 and XE-1 users
In reply to ScottD1964, Feb 20, 2013

Hmmm.........not sure if this is going to help, but:

X100: I use the OVF around 99% of the time, and rarely use the EVF, so you know where I stand on the EVF.

X-Pro 1: I use the OVF around 75% of the time, and the EVF around 25% of the time. I use the EVF more often because with the 35 mm f/1.4, I find the parallax shift less predictable. I feel like "I am one" with my X100, and can easily predict parallax, even the shift required for the focus point. With the X100, I usually use MF mode and use the AE-L/AF-L button for autofocus, even for close-up shots.  This is so that I never need to use the macro mode for close-up focus.

I think the parallax is even worse with the 35 mm lens on the X-Pro 1, and my focus success rate is too low if I try using the camera with the OVF in manual focus mode, while using the AE-L/AF-L button to autofocus.  I can't accurately guess where the AF point is for close-up shots. I have an idea, but DOF is so shallow that you can't be wrong.

And while I rarely ever need or use the flash on my X100, I must say that for the few times I needed a flash for my X-Pro 1, I ​really ​regretted not having it, and wish I had brought my X100 instead. :o You may not use the flash on an X-E1 very often, but when you need it, you need it.

nawknai's gear list:nawknai's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow