Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,847Gear list
Like?
Re: I can't believe you even asked!
In reply to Christoph Stephan, Feb 20, 2013

Christoph Stephan wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

Chris, of course I was being slightly ironic, each to their own. However, I do tire of some of the arguments that unless you have a DSLR you can't do certain things. I find I can do pretty much anything with my E-M5 that I could do with a DSLR. The main difference is that I don't feel a burning desire to promote that choice to anyone and everyone

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

I think there is a lot of personal preference - and its indeed about the photographer + camera as a whole unit. You may do everything you want with your E-M5 - I may do not with this camera. I smply experenced that manual focus with the 1/10 magnified liveview or even on a computerscreen (with a microscope camera) was a pain for me due to flickering and delayed display - while it was praised by everyone else here. I prefer an ancient split prism viewfinder with instant feed back anytime. I also met plenty of Sony and mirrorless advocates who just told me (or others) that our DSLRs were soo yesterday...

I still wish to have DSLRsa with optical finders around in the future....

I don't think you'll have to worry about that, they're not about to disappear just yet 

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow