Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 17,958Gear list
Like?
Re: How's it stacking up?
In reply to LTZ470, Feb 20, 2013

LTZ470 wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

LTZ? how are you finding it compared to the FZ200? Nice shots by the way.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Noise? excellent…handling and UI is heads above FZ200 due to size and layout not to mention manual zoom…build quality, poor for lens…nice camera, but the fast lens on the FZ200 is a BIG plus for it...

X-S1 vs FZ200

Handling & UI - X-S1 excels…you don't inadvertently push any unwanted buttons - User Interface/Layout is excellent on X-S1

Noise - No contest X-S1 excels in every situation

Indoor shots - X-S1 excels minimum 25% margin

Outdoors speed - FZ200 excels AF and Shot to Shot (5.5 AF Burst)

EVF - X-S1 for size and FZ200 for not freezing while focusing - Clarity and colors even up

Zoom reach sharpness - FZ200 with TC-E17ED

Battery Life - shot both 1000's of shots and no issues whatsoever

Size - Double Edge Sword - The X-S1 is so tall it will not fit in the same holster I carry my GH2 and 100-300 in - The FZ200 even with TC-E17ED has better reach and works better with TC added…FZ200 was designed for adding a TC

Close Up's - FZ200 with Canon 500D works better due to speed and it was designed to accept adapter…(very little zooming required when shooting close ups with converter)…f/2.8 is fast on FZ200…X-S1 was a bit awkward shooting close ups, but thats probably just me...

So with that said I am covered for wide shots with Nex-7 10-18, indoors RX1 and RX100, Zoom FZ200 w/ TC-E17ED + EM5/G3 w/ 100-300…I can also add the 18-200LE onto the Nex-7 for a walk around cam...

Like mentioned before if Fuji upped the ante and really put some quality glass on the X-S1 it would be a home run out of the park...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Thanks for that, interesting to hear the comparison. I find the X-S1 pretty good to 500mm, mine drops off after that but like all zooms it's better at the wider end. I use it for general shooting when I can't be bothered to change lenses on my OMD, and for that I find it pretty good. I think I'd be happy with an FZ200, I just happened to go for the X-S1 as I already have an X10 (which I really like). I don't think you can go far wrong with either to be honest.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow