How confident are you in your u4/3 kit?

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429Gear list
Like?
Re: How confident are you in your u4/3 kit? DEPENDS...
In reply to Uncle Frank, Feb 20, 2013

...on the situation.  I am not confident in the kit in certain situations, especially low light, high ISO because the only fast lens I have is the 20 mm f1.7 and the GH1 is not that great in low light.  The GX1 I am more comfortable with in these situations, but still limited by only one fast lens.

In bright light travel situations, I am very confident in the 14-140 as the jack of all trades, the 20 for low light night shots, and 9-18 for ultrawide.  It is a very lightweight travel kit, even with two bodies.  I can carry the GX1, 14-140, 9-18 and the 20 in a single lightweight bag everywhere I go.  If I don't want the tele, I can go with the 14-45, and it is even lighter.  I hardly use my 45-200 anymore, but when you need the tele, it is better than 14-140.

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow