How confident are you in your u4/3 kit?

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,441Gear list
Like?
Re: How confident are you in your u4/3 kit?
In reply to Uncle Frank, Feb 20, 2013

Uncle Frank wrote:

My wife and I are headed to Newport Beach this Sunday for a 7 day visit…

What's your mirrorless kit, and how confident are you in it?

My M4/3 "kit" is really several combinations of lenses, depending on where I am, mood,, what I'm shooting, etc.

Anyway, I spent two weeks in Puerto Rico in January… southwest coast and central mountains… and carried…

GH2, 7-14mm, 14-140mm, Voigtländer 25mm, Voigtländer 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar, 100-300mm and a Nikon 105mm f2.8 AI-S macro. Also brought my tripod and cable release for macro shooting.

The 14-140mm was the daytime do everything lens. The 7-14mm for land/seascapes, etc.. The Voigtländer 25mm was the night walkabout lens. The 100-300mm for birding, nature shooting, etc.. The Nikon macro for, well, macro, spiders and lizards and telephoto shooting.

I was surprised that I barely used my beloved Voigtländer 75mm, which I use it all the time at home!

Next trip I'll probably bring my SLR Magic Hyperprime 12mm instead of the 75mm. And my new GX1/20mm combo.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow