Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,720Gear list
Like?
Re: I can't believe you even asked!
In reply to papillon_65, Feb 20, 2013

Actually for me, the SLR is not about "bragging rights". Rather it is my personal preference.

I can understand that other peoples personal preferences are different, and they create lovely pics with their mirrorless. But I still prefer my "bulky" DSLR and its operation, even if its "sooo" yesterday....

Arrogant "bragging" people you will find on nay side. People that tell you that DSLR is "yesterday", that you are "Old school" and that you have to get accustomed to the thought that the time of the OVF is over, and that EVF is the future!

I strongly disagree, I found relying on electronic displays a pain (for me)... I want DSLRs - and also entry level DSLRs, not only EOS 1DS Mark bricks - te be around in the future.

The example of Olympus - who left their DSLR users in the dust in favour of micro-four thirds (unless they were to buy their flag ship model, which pretty much anihilates any advantage of 4/3) is shocking! And I considered jumping ship because they were the first to implement a functional sensor cleaner...

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow