Canon 85mm f1.2L vs 85mm f1.2L II

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
PreetinderBajwa
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 85mm f1.2L vs 85mm f1.2L II
In reply to mdg137, Feb 20, 2013

Hi, I was in the same boat, I ran across a very good condition used version 1 for about 900 dollars less than the price of a new version 2 lens. So I did some research to figure out what the difference between the two was. Here is a comparison between 85 1.2 I, II and 1.8 ...... which I found very useful.......

http://www.wlcastleman.com/equip/reviews/85mm/index.htm

BTW, i went with a new Version II.

hope the article and the comparison helps.

Cheers

mdg137 wrote:

After 11 months of dealing with Nikon customer support, I am starting to consider the switch over to Canon. My last EF mount body was a 1NRS, back in the 1990's, so obviously my experience with current EF lenses is less than optimal.

I am currently shooting mostly portraits and architecture.

Should I make the switch, I will be replacing my 1.4 primes (24mm, 25mm 50mm, and 85mm) with like Canon models.

In loooking at the 85mm f1.2, I cannot find any specifics on exactly what the differences are between the I and II versions other than faster autofocus and some minor flash communication with the body.

Are these the ony differences? Are the two versions optically the same?

Anyone who has owned both versions?

All thoughts are appreciated.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

If money was not an issue for a lifetime - what would you be doing instead of what you do now ?

PreetinderBajwa's gear list:PreetinderBajwa's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow