ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
netsi42
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Scanning 300dpi vs 600dpi: noise and dust
Feb 20, 2013

Hi

I have around 1000 older 4x6's to scan, will probably get them done at a shop. Their options are 300dpi and 600dpi.  I would just get the higher resolution for archival and possible future printing purposes, but I'm wondering if scanning at 600dpi rather than 300dpi would just give me more headaches with dust, scratches, and noise. I will likely never reprint higher than 5x7 at most.  The photos are all from the 90's mostly, with an old point and shoot. Most are probably imperfect focus and exposure.

Any opinions on this?  I am proficient enough with LR4, and have recently bought the Nik Software DFine noise removal, so I could I suppose batch process them if needed - but the quantity of photos is reasonably high.

thanks!

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow