E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,165
Re: The K-5II...
In reply to audiobomber, Feb 20, 2013

Chris Mak wrote:
Pentax has the cameras, Olympus has the lenses.

Clearly you don't know much about Pentax lenses. The prime lenses are the main attraction, and primes I bellieve are an Olympus weak spot. The DA*50-135 f2.8 and DA*60-250 f4 are as good as anyone's. Pentax needs a better standard zoom than the DA*16-50, which is just passable.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Hold on Dan, you misunderstood me.
I meant to say, that the summit of super high quality lenses, with the zuiko SHG lenses, is part of the Olympus system. I used three of these lenses, also the 150f2. That lens is truely out of this world. I also had the Pentax da 35mm ltd macro, before I went for the Zeiss lenses. A wonderful little lens, but however good, the zuiko SHG are the top for me.
When I changed Olympus for Pentax, it was with a sore feeling of having to let go of the SHG zuikos, but Olympus had no worthy camera to put them on i.m.o.
Certainly not a camera of the likes of the K5IIs. That camera is all the SHG lenses were in their way: the best of its kind.
I wish Olympus had had the brains or guts or capital or whatever to put a camera like that together.
I'm not suggesting in any way that Pentax glass is inferior. Far from it!

Chris

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow