ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mfuhlendorf
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
How to clean Sony DSC-W7 sensor?
Feb 20, 2013

Hi.
I have an old Sony Cybershot DSC-W7 at home, that I still use. It's not a great camera, but I keep it for use instead of my other cameras because I have the Sony underwater housing for it, so it comes in handy at the beach, trekking through the (rainy) forests near Sao Paulo, and for scuba-diving.
Recently, a small dust particle got lodged on the sensor. I think it's actually on the anti-aliasing/IR filter assembly, because it almost disappears with the lens wide and f/2.8, but gets very defined and visible as a large black spot when I zoom in and close the aperture.

Example picture, with a very washed-out image because of fog in the housing due to very cold water.

Is there a way to open the camera and blow it away, at home without special tools, while being able to close it back up to working order later? If it wasn't for the excellent underwater housing, I'd have ditched this camera long ago, but since while I don't buy a housing for my Olympus E-PL5, I'd really like to salvage the Sony, since it's got a good jpg quality for a compact!

Thanks in advance,

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow