Samsung NX1000 or Samsung EX2F ??

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Daniel Oh
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung NX1000 or Samsung EX2F ??
In reply to blåland, Feb 20, 2013

I do not own a NX1000 but I do own an EX2F, a Nikon J1 and a full frame DSLR.

The answer really depends on what you like to photograph and how you view your pictures.

The mirrorless is much better if you plan to buy more lenses but I would find a 20-50 very limiting on the wide angle side. Because of the difference in aperture the DOF is a wash.

During my last trip (Africa and Paris), I carried the EX2F and J1.  I used the smaller Samsung 95% and the j1 5% and only with the 30-110 (80-300mm equivalent) because it was always available in my belt case and the deeper DOF was more helpful for travel pictures. Also the articulated screen was very helpful when I had to take pictures from below or above the crowd or odd angles in the car. The "sweeping" panorama also helped quite a bit.

Had I gone for a Safari (had to cancel in the last minute), I would probably have used my J1 more with a tele zooms ( my plan was to use my 70-300/180-810mm equivalent).

So think about what you want to do with the camera before deciding.

btw the ex2f cadapter lens adapters made for ex1 I believe so in theory you can extend the lens range a little bit.

-- hide signature --

Daniel Oh
ps. I truly believe photography as a hobby is defined by the pleasure you get from the activity. It does not matter what equipment or results. I am a hobbyist and a very awful photographer (snapshooter is a better name) but a very happy one.

Daniel Oh's gear list:Daniel Oh's gear list
Pentax Optio W60 Samsung EX2F Nikon D700 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow