Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,247Gear list
Like?
Re: What I have learned
In reply to CrisPhoto, Feb 20, 2013

CrisPhoto wrote:

gollywop wrote:

Chris, that might be a fine default for the 12-35, but it might be a bit much for some other lenses. You should still check on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you very much for the hint.

Did not use this slider in the past and have to get some experience yet...

Would be fine if one could automate some settings in LR, like

• adapt noise reduction to ISO
  • adapt purple fringe removal to lens maker

I know what you mean, Chris. I leave the LoCa correction for manual intervention. Using the eyedropper, on some exposures (like nights with the reddish cast from urban lights on the sky) the eyedropper selection is too strong, and I find backing off the amount is often called for. When it's too strong it can adversely impact broader areas of the image. At other times I find I have to manually adjust the color range. Just mentioned to keep an eye peeled in this regard, especially using a preset for the LoCA. But I might just try some saved presets for LoCa, named for different lenses, to see how they work out in everyday use (well, for lenses not supported in DXO Optics, anyway).

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow