Veteran MemberPosts: 6,493Gear list
Like?
Re: I did my research : )
In reply to G. Gray, Feb 20, 2013

G. Gray wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

G. Gray wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

So next time if someone comes in with an AK-47 to rob him, he won't be able to defend himself because he asked for it.

With gun laws as loose as Virginia, it is still illegal to open carry a long gun if it is loaded.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

I wish you would stop bending the truth. The unthinking antigunners just soak up every word because they desparately want to believe it.

If you are walking thru the woods or in a field or on the farm you can " open carry a long gun if it is loaded." Tell B. Oboma that he can go skeet shooting in Virginia but he can't load the shotgun.

It is reasonable not to to be loaded on the street or in a vehicle.

Instead of saying that I am bending the truth, could you please tell me which part of my two sentences is not true (unless I have misunderstood the code below)???

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-287.4

[ยง 18.2-287.4. Carrying loaded firearms in public areas prohibited; penalty.

It shall be unlawful for any person to carry a loaded (a) semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine that will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock or (b) shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered on or about his person on any public street, road, alley, sidewalk, public right-of-way, or in any public park or any other place of whatever nature that is open to the public in the Cities of Alexandria, Chesapeake, Fairfax, Falls Church, Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, or Virginia Beach or in the Counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Henrico, Loudoun, or Prince William.]

Australia, home forever.

I still say , you have bent the truth to appeal to the unthinking, sheep antigunners.

You forgot to mention a crucial part of the law on purpose or accident.

Carrying loaded firearms in public .........

Now you are being ridiculous. 
Everyone can read that the place is a pizza shop, and a pizza shop is a public place, and I did say

"With gun laws as loose as Virginia, it is still illegal to open carry a long gun if it is loaded."

And the exemptions are not applicable in this case.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow