Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
martindesu
Contributing MemberPosts: 953Gear list
Like?
Re: Any chance this to be E-mount?
In reply to forpetessake, Feb 20, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

martindesu wrote:

I'm confused by a lot of the "logic" used here.

forpetessake wrote:

Let's face it, apart from the stellar sensors Sony doesn't have much to offer, the bodies and lenses are nothing to write home about.

I disagree. I think that the NEX range is really a very ergonomic and futuristic design, unlike all these "retro" and "hipster" looking devices on the market. My main gripe with the Leica wasn't the price, it was the grip. I think the NEX-7 is pretty much perfectly sized.

I don't complain about the looks or the ergonomics (though it could have been better), but the camera menus, settings, modes, buttons, and such -- a person coming from a DSLR experience has to repeat "what the ****" incantation for quite awhile.

Sure, but if you're coming from a P&S, some of these menus (and constant pop-up helps) might be useful? I dunno. It's completely Japanese IMO. They love complexity and sheer insanity in menu design. Look at the computer in the Nissan GTR.

martindesu's gear list:martindesu's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow