Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GreenMountainGirl
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Calibrating printer-paper combination
Feb 20, 2013

I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures I print to look like the image I see on my computer.  The suggestions I have gotten so far involve calibration of the monitor, and calibration of the printer-paper combination.  So now I come to this forum in search of help with the printer end of it.

My printer is a Canon Pixma MX870, I use the Canon inks.  My paper is the house brand from Staples, and no ICC profile is available.  Typically use the matte photo paper.  As an example of what I am dealing with, I am including 3 images.

This is the original jpeg:

This is the first cropped and edited version - when printed it is too yellow, intensifying the color of the squirrel's face and ears, and the bird seed is yellow:

This is the second cropped and edited version - when printed the green is more intense, even showing up in the squirrel's tail:

I am trying to figure out how to get the printing right without having to edit and print the image several times just to see if I have it right yet.  Some of that is to be expected, but I run into this problem frequently.  It doesn't matter whether it is jpeg or RAW.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow