Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
lehill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,324Gear list
Like?
Re: How to get prints that are like what you see on screen
In reply to GreenMountainGirl, Feb 20, 2013

GreenMountainGirl wrote:

Thorbard wrote:

If you don't want to spend the money on a monitor calibration kit, you could buy a factory calibrated monitor.

Is factory calibration standard or extra? How do you determine the factory calibration exists? The least expensive Spyder I saw online is $169, wouldn't a new monitor cost more? I am very interested in learning how to solve my printing problem. Thanks for your help.

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

The Spyder is really the way to go. You can move it from monitor to monitor and calibrate all of them. My monitor is factory calibrated (LG IPS225) and cost ~$200. That's about the cheapest I found.

Now, they might chase me out of here for suggesting this...but if these costs are too dear and you run Windows 7, you can use the built-in color calibration tool. Even Microsoft says you're better off using a color calibrator like the Spyder but doing a visual calibration is better than nothing.

-- hide signature --

Lance H

lehill's gear list:lehill's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5100 Zoom Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow