Girl's Basketball--last game of the season

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
luvmybec
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Girl's Basketball--last game of the season
In reply to Buchanan, Feb 20, 2013

Buchanan wrote:

Nice action shots; particularly for what is not considered a sports shooting lens. That win beats my daughter's JV team's most lopsided victory of 59-9. We have 2 games left and are 21-2 so far.

I assume you are looking for the prior non-OS sigma 50-150 2.8 since the new one is the same size and weight of the 70-200 you tried. I see the used nonOS version out there for Canon and Nikon but they sold fewer Sony mounts so they seem a rare find. They are a great size/weight so with the season now over, and depending on your shooting needs in the near term, you might keep searching. Regularly check Amazon, KEH, and Fred Miranda, among others.

Thanks for the feedback Buchanan.  Yes that is the lens.  I have not found one anywhere in a couple months of looking.  I have just about given up on it.  I could not believe how heavy the 70-200 lens was.  Not sure that weight is very manageable for me.  Am considering buying just an 85mm instead, but the salesman was adamant that I needed the 70-200mm, for more versatility, longer reach etc...  Even though I told him I usually just try and shoot from the offensive end of the court.  Decisions, decisions.

luvmybec's gear list:luvmybec's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow