Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,645Gear list
Like?
Re: OVF Uber Alles!!!
In reply to Erik Ohlson, Feb 20, 2013

Erik Ohlson wrote:

Christoph Stephan wrote:

Erik Ohlson wrote:

This, and shielding the LCD from bright light is PRECISELY why I love my Clearviewer:

As a bonus, all (or one) of the on-screen data, histograms and such are readily available & big enoigh to view easily.

-Erik, temporarily Tasmanian

On the other hand this obliterates the pocketability of the compact - the main reason I would chose it over a DSLR - or can it be folded away?

Yes, it folds very compactly:

I'm on holiday in Tasmania using a borrowed computer so it's hard tp post pictures except from my Gallery!

There are several other views on my Flickr site - search "Cllearviewer" on Flickr.

Mine is on my Panasonic ZS19, in my pants pocket always (or out-of-pocket taking a picture) I am never without it, IMHO it finishes the job of making a truely compact and useful camera which the manufactureres ALMOST finish, but not quite.

If you have an old folding slide viewer (or just a magnifying glass) check it out - here's what I used before I found out that someone makes one ready to use and doesn't have to be carried seperately:

-Erik, temporarily Tasmanian

If yes, this would be a solution once my trusty Canon Powershot gives up its ghost and I have to replace it with one of the newer, viewfinderless models...

-- hide signature --

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot, this is very valuable info.

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow