E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Karaya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,975Gear list
Re: Pentax has a nice walk-around zoom lens? LOL!
In reply to audiobomber, Feb 19, 2013

My argument is that nobody but a snap shooter should be using slow consumer grade zoom lenses.

I would define a snap shooter as someone as someone who either lacks the skill or motivation to ensure that his or her photos are properly exposed, focused and composed and is unwilling or unable to put up with the inconvenience, effort and expense to swap out lenses as needed, deploy a tripod as needed, reshoot and or wait for suitable light as needed and apply appropriate post processing to the photos as needed.

I am not saying that snap shooters are bad people. They are quite logically trying to achieve their objective i.e. attractive photos of their kids, pets and vacation scenes with a minimum of effort, inconvenience and expense. Either an inexpensive DSLR with a slow zoom, an advanced superzoom or a camera phone might be a perfect solution for them. I would argue that as the technology improves they will have less need of DSLRs. My extended family and coworkers have shown me plenty of adorable snap shots of their kids taken with their camera phones that would take some real effort with heavy league equipment to significantly improve upon. For them it is not worth it.

The bothersome part is when one of these snap shooters insists that they need a Nikon D800e to take better shots of their kids.. It seems so many people are willing to max out the credit card for a new camera but still refuse to take any of the other steps listed above to improve their photography.

Karaya's gear list:Karaya's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital 300mm 1:2.8 Olympus E-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow