EM-5 screen crack - will you send yours in?

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
NeroMetalliko
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
My serial is out of range but the OM-D is still cracked: what to do?
In reply to acahaya, Feb 19, 2013

acahaya wrote:

Here is a statement i found on Oly Europe with the European serial numbers:

"02/19/2013

Important Information for OM-D
Olympus has discovered that a very small number of E-M5 cameras might possess a slight crack in the monitor cover. For all customers with a camera in the potentially affected serial number batches listed below, Olympus would like to offer a free check or repair, if required.

The affected range of serial numbers is: BEK501001 – BEK508887 (black) BF4501001 – BF4503865 (silver)

Should your camera be listed in one of the above serial number batches, please call the free-of-charge hotline 00800 67 10 83 00 to receive support for a free check and repair of your product."

Hello,

Ok, my silver OM-D was purchased in october in Italy, it has a serial n. BF4507xxx (well outside the official affected range) and it HAS the crack. It seems to me that the problem is not solved and/or limited to the above listed serials range.

I strongly hope Olympus will cover ALL the cracked OM-D!

So the main question is now: will Olympus still provide the free repair service for OM-D with an out-of-range serial...?

I'm getting very nervous...

Ciao

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow