E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Re: Pentax has a nice walk-around zoom lens? LOL!
In reply to Karaya, Feb 19, 2013

Karaya wrote:

So, the Pentax service people checked it out and affirmed that it was not really any worse then a typical copy of this lens. That seems fairly damning to me.

Unless the lens really was substandard and Pentax Germany flubbed it. I disagree with the results of this test and I can assure you most actual owners like the lens and appreciate it for its many qualities. PZ only tested one copy after all.

As I understand it, your point is that no one should use consumer zooms. That's a silly argument, because it's not grounded in reality. People do use and enjoy convenience lenses. Obviously an extended zoom is not for you, fair enough, but quoting a bad review is not proof of anything. As you've seen, some people take terrific photos with this lens. Lens quality is not a determinant of photo quality, a great lens just makes it easier to get great results.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow