water rocks and longer exposures - thanks for any feedback

Started Feb 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tazz93
Senior MemberPosts: 1,135Gear list
Like?
Re: water rocks and longer exposures - thanks for any feedback
In reply to lukep, Feb 19, 2013

lukep wrote:

I had fun last night doing some long exposures. Looking for any suggestions or comments so I can improve. thanks for looking! It was really dark for this first shot so thats the correct color as i played around with white balance for awhile on it

The colors on the first really hurt the image, but IMO there's still more that was needed compositionally. When I look at it I don't really find anything that screams out "subject" to me. Generally when an image is lacking a clear subject things become problematic. Aslo, I think a B/W conversion would really aid in the color cast that is in this shot. I don't think you can correct this, maybe there were multiple light sources and color temps...don't know, but its likely best to discard the colors.

The second works a little bit better with a few more details to draw the viewer's attention through the shot, but I think the contrast is a little bit too harsh along with a loss of shadow detail.

Both are not bad, but seem to be missing a few fine details to make them really stand out.

Tazz93's gear list:Tazz93's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 350D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow