Help with Epson R3000 - ink marks on prints

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Santelia
Regular MemberPosts: 177
Like?
Re: R3000 Maintenance Tank?
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 19, 2013

Joe and Bob,

The printer is at the service place waiting for my decision as to what to do, the conclusion from the tech and epson is that when nozzles fail to stop releasing ink when they are supposed to then it's a problem with the print head. I did try printing from a different program; cs6 and still the same problem. The lack of use resulting in these type of situations seems to contribute to problems with the print head at least that's what the tech told me and I really have no way to determine either way. The tech replicated what I had seen, first print would leave marks and then a couple of prints after that no marks, it's like an intermittent problem which also makes them conclude it's the print head. I read the comments about your 3880 going a month without printing but that still you would do a weekly check seems to be a good way of keeping the printer in shape as opposed to just not doing anything at all which may create printing problems. The printer is available now with a rebate of $150 bringing the cost to $639 but still that would be $239 more than if I were to fix, it will take about 3 weeks from the date is shipped to Epson for the repair as they have to do it due to restrictions in place by Epson. Thanks again for feedback.

-- hide signature --

Sante

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow