My GH1 still has it!

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
pannumon
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, you're right....
In reply to yotes, Feb 19, 2013

yotes wrote:

I wonder why Olympus did not make the video at least as good as GH1? I wonder if this is really costly to do?

One has to be the best, and only one can be. Panasonic (also GH1) video is really excellent. It's good for both Olympus and Panasonic that they differentiate their products a bit, rather than competing directly against each other.

I love my GH1. I have removed the lugs because they were becoming loose, and the eyecup is broken. The two features I like the most on my GH1 are the SD-slot and multi-aspect sensor. SD-card can be removed from the camera easily with one hand. The multi-aspect sensor makes a great difference when shooting 16:9 (video), especially compared to 16:9 crop from native 4:3 sensor. The horizontal FOV of 14mm on GH1 (16:9) is wider than 12mm (16:9) on my E-PM1 (compared by focusing to approx 2m using 14-140 on GH1 and 12-50 on E-PM1).

pannumon's gear list:pannumon's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow