A couple of GH3 questions (on efcs and evf with H/SH bursts), plus last-minute E-M5 additions

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,552Gear list
Like?
A couple of GH3 questions (on efcs and evf with H/SH bursts), plus last-minute E-M5 additions
Feb 19, 2013

I've just ran through the GH3 manuals and was after a couple of clarifications if anyone out there knows the answers...

Firstly I know both curtains can be electronic but is it possible to have electronic front curtain shutter and mechanical second curtain, as many Canon and Sony cameras have (for low vibration while avoiding the jello effect of the full electronic shutter, e.g. car pic here http://m43photo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/gh3-electronic-shutter.html )? I assume this is more of question of whether they licensed the Canon patents but I just wanted to know the answer rather than the legal stuff. BTW anyone know if the E-M5 has this?

Secondly am I correct in reading that in 6fps the EVF is blank for all the time you are shooting, so you can't see what you're shooting, or is there some kind of image review happening? Also anyone know what happens with the E-M5?

Thanks in advance

John

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +25 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow