minihorses01
Regular MemberPosts: 493
Like?
Re: I have owned both
In reply to UCLAXTC, Feb 19, 2013

UCLAXTC wrote:

Hank3152 wrote:

XeroJay wrote:

I know both like the back of my hand, and I can't believe how many here would actually recommend the 1DIV of the 5D3. The 5D3 is superior in most areas that count. The iq is better, the AF is FAR better than the 1DIV, you can get a new one for less and it's smaller and lighter.
The only thing that the 1DIV does better is drive a few lenses faster and has a faster shutter with a more satisfying click. Forget the 1.3x extra reach bs that some will sell you; it's negated by the fact that pixel pitch is pretty close and you'll have similar results if you simply crop the 5D3 to 15mp/aps equivalent.

Good to hear, now I don't feel so bad......... although reluctant to do so I recently sold my mint 1D4 after reading 5D3 owner's reviews since the value was dropping fast and am now on the fence between the 5D3 and potential 7D2.

I currently have a 50D I'm using in the meantime so I'm in no hurry but if the 7D2 specs and previews are not a worthy upgrade I'll jump on the 5D3..........

I love my 1DmkIV and I would never sell it...in fact I bought another one a month ago. If you are shooting sports, I'd definitely choose the MK IV over a 5Dmk3. I'd only replace my MK IV with a 1DX.

I just purchased a like new 1DMKIV with 13000 actuation's for $3000.  I've used a 1DMKIII since 2006.  I've used it on safari in East Africa twice and in the desert at Burning Man.  I just couldn't bring myself to "drop down" to a non-Pro body, but I didn't want to spend an additional $4,000 for the 1dx.  I used the extra cash to buy the new 500 f4L II.  I was also concerned about the smaller battery on the 5DMKIII.  I wish Canon had continued the 1DMk line.  I also wish they would offer two versions of the 1Dx and the 5DMkIII.  Versions without video.  I'm sure there are many photographers like me who never shoot video with their DSLR's.

-- hide signature --

David
www.PhotoSmithography.com
MM#377049
http://PhotoSmithography.smugmug.com/photos/226674570-Th.jpg
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do
so.” -- Douglas Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow