Gary Henson
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: Wimberley P-5 plate
In reply to powerdog, Feb 19, 2013

powerdog wrote:

Sorry for missing link:

http://www.kirkphoto.com/UP-2_2_1_8in_Universal_fit_Camera_Plate.html

I do have the RRS lever clamp. And RRS claims most other brands of plate won't work, because their grooves aren't deep enough.

RRS says that RRS, Kirk, and Wemberley are the only brands that will work. The RRS universal plate seems really insubstantial. I liked the larger size of the Wemberley, but not accessing the battery would be a pain. The plate linked above might be a good compromise.

I agree that the RRS universal plate is too small. I looked at that for my Acratech GP and GH1/EM5 cameras. I went with the Acratech and Sunwayfoto universal plates. I have one on each camera. I decided to stay away from the RRS L-plate for the EM5 camera. It's a nice L-plate, but it's $120 and only works with EM5. I rather avoid hitting the bank for a new L-plate for every new camera.

I think you found a great option that's also RRSĀ compatible. Good luck!

Gary Henson's gear list:Gary Henson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow