NEX7n to be announced

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
cptrios
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: Faster AF would be very handy :-))

nzmacro wrote:

It will be interesting mate. Going to take a lot to get me to change and AF speed won't do it I'm the odd one out I guess, LOL. Not sure how they will get me to upgrade........... ahhh...... maybe add a coffee maker, but a small one

All the best Dirk and family, times look good for NEX.

Danny.

-- hide signature --

I'm with you there, especially since the price of the NEX-7 has depreciated so badly on the used market that mine probably won't even make a 50% dent in the price of a new 7n. I think the things that'll make lots of people opt for this over the 6 are A. improved high-ISO performance (though in my opinion the 7 is unfairly maligned for this) and B. a microlens array to solve the color-cast issue. Other than that, I figure people will just flock to those used NEX-7s, which will probably be at around $500 within two months!

As for the new 20MP sensor with improved DR...I wonder what that will actually mean. The 7 is already right near the top of the APS-C world in terms of DR, which is kind of incredible given how many MP they've jammed into it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
JPG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow