Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DavidPonting
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
Carrying Everything ?!
Feb 19, 2013

I'm shortly going to be starting a job overseas which requires a lot of intra-EU shuttle flights home, probably by Ryanair (actually the most convenient as well as the cheapest). I will be travelling with the camera for various reasons. Their cabin baggage limits are 60x40x20, one item, 10kg.

Assuming I can get round the 10kg by being persuasive, does anyone have any ideas for a single bag in which I could carry the following:

• 300/4 with TC-14EII
  • 70-200/4
  • 24-120/4
  • 10-24 DX
  • 28/1.8
  • 85/1.8
  • 2x SB700 (could probably put in hold luggage or make do with only one)
  • D7K+grip
  • Second D7K (to turn into a D600 sometime in the year)
  • Filters/Triggers/Cards/Batteries/Cables (hold luggage?)
  • 17" laptop (this is the real issue; it's too large for a lot of the bags, but I'm hesitant to change it since it has a really good (large, sharp, clear, correctly-coloured screen), as well as needing to carry a decently powerful laptop for work)

I currently have a Lowepro Flipside 400AW, but that has no space for any computer (well, anything bigger than a tablet, at least). I'm tempted by the Thinktank Airport International, but rather scared of the price and the 4kg empty weight - does anyone have any alternatives/experiences with Ryanair?

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow