Those AWFUL 70-200 Nikon Zooms! ;-)

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,745Gear list
Like?
Re: Those AWFUL 70-200 Nikon Zooms! ;-)
In reply to Shotcents, Feb 19, 2013

Another way of looking at it is the Mk II does not breathe - in the it sends it holds  angle of view as you focus closer.

This is a very desirable feature for video work.

I presume because the Canon f2.8 does not hold angle of view the same way the OP acknowledge in this respect Canon make themselves second in video

As I shoot video I prefer the Nikon f2.8 option.

I do not know a lot about the Canon f4 version but doubt it has the optical quality of the Nikon, five stops image stabilisation or automatic tripod mode detection. These might not be the features the OP wants, but they look quite interesting to me as a potential upgrade route combined with a 1.4 X converter for flower and insect photography from the 70-180 macro - another lens Canon never made  

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow