E-5 vs K-5 ii Locked

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,904Gear list
Re: How are you travelling, and when?
In reply to DaveP E1, Feb 19, 2013

Your right. The 16-50mm f2.8 and the 60-250mm f4 on either the K30 or K5ii would probably be a great kit. That would run about $3k for K30 body and lenses. The only down side I see is that I'd want both wider and longer. The 11-22mm is quite a bit cheaper, it's wider, and faster and supremely weather sealed. Most importantly, I already own it. The 50-200mm is longer, faster, and cheaper--however it won't be cheaper if I keep having to repair it.

The Pentax 12-24mm f4 adds another $750ish and is slower than the 11-22mm but wider. It would be fine for landscape to start at f4. The 300mm f4 for $1300 is a lens I've always wished Olympus would have made. So yeah, there are options and I wish I could afford them. I'll have to make due with the good lenses I do have. I'm lucky to own good optics. I'd have to pump in so much money to switch, that it's not in the cards for me right now.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow