TC E17ED -- is it worth $400?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Emil Varadi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,046Gear list
Like?
Re: It's worth every penny. See the pictures.
In reply to privateman, Feb 18, 2013

privateman wrote:

can do.

You are probably talking about Dr. Ching-Kuang Shene's pages: http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/, still being referenced quite often.

Thank you for confirming it's not worth looking for an LTZ10 with an E17ED in hand.

Exactly. That's him.

Actually I had a short-lived bilingual (English-Hungarian) website back in 2006, called TCBirding, in which I wanted to deal with all the megazooms and quality converters for the purpose of birding. The reason was, these cost uncomparably less than the large and extremely expensive lenses from Nikon.

I wanted to publish series of tests to show which ones would be worth buying and wanted to establish a small venture selling special precision adapters for megazooms and the converters (perphaps I would have needed a business model for my website too, but since then everything was for free on the web, we did not even think about a paid site.) Since at that time Pay Pal would not allow the transfer of money to my country (Hungary) to pay for my products, I could not launch a global venture and Hungary was too small to support this enterprise. So I gave up. Maybe too early....

The title page of my former website.

One of my favourite images from the website.

One legged ballerina.

I loved the bokeh of this one.

Another blackbird.

As a said before, all these images were made through a thermo window, that is two sheets of glass with air inbetween them. Someone asked for window-free images, but regrettably no such pictures were made at the time and birds would not tolerate our presence outside our flat. Yes, we could have used a tent or something to disguise us, but at the end we did not dio it.

Well so much about the Nikon TC-E17ED teleconverter.

Emil Varadi's gear list:Emil Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Ricoh GR Nikon D300 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow