X100 or wait for X100s?

Started Feb 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
JoeRadza
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Re: Return policy works fine for Amazom
In reply to misterpepper, Feb 18, 2013

misterpepper wrote:

David, I never accused you, or anybody of theft. You didn't even enter into the conversation until after I questioned what the difference "to Amazon" was whether they lost money due to returns or to theft (hint: both events detract from their bottom line the same). And I never questioned whether Amazon allowed returns of perfectly good products (they do) or whether their liberal return policy allows them to attract and retain more customers (it does). I've worked for and/or helped found 7 online companies, so I know a thing or two about doing business online. I've even watched one of them nearly driven into the ground by people test-driving our product, until we changed the return poilcy. What you think is free really isn't. We all pay more every time we shop Amazon to pay for the actions of you an people like you. Just pointing that out. Peace.

Misterpepper, I agree with you theoretically.  However, the business model of allowing returns for ANY reason is a well established internet practice. Check out Zappos, they do an excellent job and even encourage the practice we are debating. Any cost impacts the bottom line. But, some are a means to an end. Remember, companies detest advertising, and when they are going out of business, what is the first thing they do? Adverrtise the business is for sale. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow