Do you non professionals still use DSLR's? And why?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Force
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,607
Like?
Re: Still use my 20D and 5D on travel
In reply to Lee Jay, Feb 18, 2013

Very true and I'll go you one further.  If I'm serious about documenting or preserving images I still pack and carry my Canon F-1 and a couple lenses as I'm more confident in the preservation of film,  I scan and digitize for printing.  If just for my pleasure and the net I use my Nikon D2x and usually just one lens. (2X crop factor helps).

I have 4 P&S cameras but truthfully they all suck unless you are satisfied to compromise....great for pics of my wife's family. 

The idea of comparisons of cameras and systems is a futile endeavor, just try to do the best with what you have, there is NO perfect camera OR system.  All of the modern technology is basically aimed at reduction of size, weight and perhaps flexibility but in actuality the images are no better than the ones I take with my 1932 Kodak Recomar IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

Incidently my Canon F-1 IS FF.

-- hide signature --

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow