Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Questions thread
bugzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,528
Like?
Re: Want to learn Photography, Which is the best DSLR for it ?
In reply to f8BeThereToo, Feb 18, 2013

I didn't tell he absolutely must get a D200. I'm just pointing out that a more advanced camera can be easier to use in many respects. If you want to get seriously into photography. And they're very cheap. I'm not one of those people who insist that beginners need to buy a D800. That's a very expensive camera. With the D200, you have a very cheap camera. I don't know the OP. I'm not sure what he means when he says he wants to "learn photography". I'm just putting forward an option that he might want to consider. Some people want to be hand-held. Some people love to jump in the deep end. The D200 is big, old, heavy, and a brick. For a digital camera, it's totally over-engineered. When the nuclear war comes, the only things that will survive are the cockroaches and Nikon D200s. The sensor is dated. And they're very cheap. The OP should definitely handle one before he considers buying it. He might run screaming in horror. But it's another cheap option. If he has any doubts at all, he should definitely stay away from it. But there's a certain type of user who might just fall in love with it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow