Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 796Gear list
Like?
Re: An Intriguing Take On Elements 11... And Elements+ Is Worth A Close Look
In reply to CarlC, Feb 18, 2013

CarlC wrote:

MrMojo wrote:

http://www.mattk.com/2012/09/26/why-photoshop-elements-11-is-the-best-version-of-elements-yet/

For $12 Elements+ unlocks a slew of CS6 functions hidden in Elements 11.

I decided to forgo upgrading to CS6 from CS3. Aperture, NX2, Topaz plugins and now Elements 11 with Elements+ does everything that I need.

I've used Photoshop since PS4 and I have never needed the pre-press and other functions that aren't available in the software that I listed. It was a photographic revelation when I discovered Nik Control Point technology. For the first time I could do edits in under a minute that previously required layers and masks as well as significantly more skill and knowledge to accomplish.

I enjoy making pictures, not futzing around on my computer. We photographers are truly blessed to have so many reasonably priced image editing options in 2013. Adobe should be worried... very worried.

Thank you for the post and this reply... LR4 is here to stay for me but I am questioning going to CS6 from CS3 which means a complete purchase not an upgrade or Elements. I want something that is integrated to LR. I which elements had HDR which I do not do now but it looks like it is is pretty good.

-- hide signature --

Elements 11 does have HDR (combining multiple exposures). It doesn't do tonemapping though.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow