Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
afterburn
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
Re: An Intriguing Take On Elements 11... And Elements+ Is Worth A Close Look
In reply to CarlC, Feb 18, 2013

CarlC wrote:

MrMojo wrote:

http://www.mattk.com/2012/09/26/why-photoshop-elements-11-is-the-best-version-of-elements-yet/

For $12 Elements+ unlocks a slew of CS6 functions hidden in Elements 11.

I decided to forgo upgrading to CS6 from CS3. Aperture, NX2, Topaz plugins and now Elements 11 with Elements+ does everything that I need.

I've used Photoshop since PS4 and I have never needed the pre-press and other functions that aren't available in the software that I listed. It was a photographic revelation when I discovered Nik Control Point technology. For the first time I could do edits in under a minute that previously required layers and masks as well as significantly more skill and knowledge to accomplish.

I enjoy making pictures, not futzing around on my computer. We photographers are truly blessed to have so many reasonably priced image editing options in 2013. Adobe should be worried... ´╗┐very worried.´╗┐

Thank you for the post and this reply... LR4 is here to stay for me but I am questioning going to CS6 from CS3 which means a complete purchase not an upgrade or Elements. I want something that is integrated to LR. I which elements had HDR which I do not do now but it looks like it is is pretty good.

-- hide signature --

Elements 11 does have HDR (combining multiple exposures). It doesn't do tonemapping though.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Apple Aperture +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow