The Weekly 4/3 DSLR Images 13 02 18

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,171Gear list
Like?
Re: Idle Hour Campground, the long hike in
In reply to 19andrew47, Feb 18, 2013

19andrew47 wrote:

Dave, the last answers the question I posted to your image in the Sunday Scapes. Would like to be able to attempt those hikes as they look very enjoyable.

Thanks for contributing,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew,

You might go back to the Sunday Scapes thread for a detailed answer to your questions. The beginning of this hike is a very popular, fairly accessible route for all. See my reply to RichZ above. The hard part of this trail is the overall length. It took a lot of endurance and a couple of snack breaks to hike for 3 hours one way and climb 2600 feet in and another 500 feet back out. You could do this hike if you start out easy and work up to it. That's what my wife is doing in trying to keep up with me. BTW, my legs are sore today but I'll be back out there in a couple of days for a good workout hike.

It may be a bit cold for hiking now in your part of the world, Toronto, Ontario. That's usually a good time for me to put on the snow shoes.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow