Best DSLR lens for creative artsy photos of my wife & I with historic monuments in the back?

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
carlk
Forum ProPosts: 15,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Best DSLR lens for creative artsy photos of my wife & I with historic monuments in the back?
In reply to Denton Taylor, Feb 18, 2013

Denton Taylor wrote:

I always thought those kinds of tourist pix should not be done by serious photogs. Take nice pix of the monuments, and take nice pix of your wife. Not together. Personally i would use an iphone if you insist, save the real camera for real photos.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dentontay

That's my thought too. Using a 20+MP dslr for landscape without a tripod, for example, is pretty much a waste. Not sure of an iPhone but a good 5x-10x zoom p&s is more than enough to take great pictures most tourist will ever want. The only limitation is the person behind the camera.

However op did say he wants to have creative artsy photos with blurry effect.  A prime like 35/2 probably will do the job.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow